This week's meeting plans (May 24 - 7:30pm): Class A
- Flag requirements in preparation for Memorial Day: raise/lower/folding flags
- Review at biographies for some of the Cranford 86, focusing on those represented by the flags you will be carrying.
- Permission slip for Beach Jam is due. It is unlikely we will be able to add additional tickets unless you purchase on your own at a higher cost.
- Please look at the at home requirements below. Especially for new scouts to look at the Parent Guide on Child Abuse and Cyber Chip, many scouts only need this requirement before receiving a Scoutmaster Conference from me to earn the Scout Rank.
Next week's meeting plans (May 31 - 7:30pm): Class B
- Tenderfoot Fitness Night #2
- Trip Prep if needed - Beach Jam is basically all inclusive. Just maybe go over how to anchor tents.
At home requirements:
- Lightning and Wolf Patrols: Second Class requirements 7a-c on health/30-day fitness plan (if completed Tenderfoot fitness) and speak with your parents about a drug prevention program at school and 8c-d on comparison shopping. These are done at home and can be reviewed when completed.
- Cobra Patrol: Scout Rank req. 6: Parent Guide on Child Abuse (in the front of your Scout Handbook) and Cyber Chip (find info here: http://www.usscouts.org/advance/cyberchip.asp). This is done at home with parents. There is a follow up exercise for Cyber Chip that can be done at a meeting. Parents should email me or give each scout a signed note to keep in their book stating that they completed both the Parent Guide and at home section of Cyber Chip, so we can review. I will check they completed these before their Scoutmaster Conference.
Beach Jam: June 2-4 (permission slip attached, due this week May 24)
Summer Camp - Winnebago: July 23-29: Registration is open. Contact Ms. Begley-Hrycak at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Upcoming Service and Events:Flags on Soldiers Graves: Sat. May 27, Fairmount Cemetery in Newark, 9am
Memorial Day Parade: Mon. May 29, arrive at Community Center by 8:15am - choose your flag: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084DA9AA2FA0F8C16-2023
-Line up: 8:30am-Parade: 9am-Ceremony at Memorial Park: 10am where we will hold flags for the fallen Cranford 86